The HP Prime calculator
|Input method||RPN, Textbook, Infix|
|Screen type||16-bit Color, multitouch TFT|
|Screen size||320x240px ; 3.5"|
|Processor||Samsung ARM9 S3C2416|
|Frequency||400 MHz max|
|RAM Memory||32 MB|
|ROM Memory||256 MB|
|Battery||Li-Ion Rechargeable battery|
|Dimensions||182 x 85.8 x 139 mm|
The HP Prime is a Graphing Calculator from HP announced in 2013. It features a 3.5", 16-bit color, multi-touch, TFT screen with a 320x240px resolution.
The CAS is based on the open-source XCas engine, an powerful and advanced one, made to operate more like Maple, MATLAB, Mathematica, as opposed to something like the Nspire's CAS, which is made to be easy.
OS version history
- Pre-releases versions (from leak(s) and testers) : from rev. 3xxx to 4980
These have been found on the DVT prototype models. Production models may have different components.
- Architecture : ARM (ARM9 ; 32 bit)
- Core : ARM926EJ-S
- Manufacturer : Samsung
- Reference : S3C2416
- Specs : 16KB I-cache; 16KB D-cache/MMU
- Frequency : 2 Modes : 266 MHz and 400 MHz
- Note : Features 2D Acceleration
- Official "Product Brief" (PDF)
- Type : DDR SDRAM
- Manufacturer : Hynix
- Reference : H5MS2562NFR E3M
- Capacity : 32 MB (256Mb (x16 device) = 4M x 4Bank x 16 I/O)
- Manufacturer Page officielle
- Datasheet (Closest JFR model)
- Type : Flash NAND
- Manufacturer : Samsung
- Reference : K9F2G08U0C SCB0
- Capacity : 256 MB (2 Gb)
- Type : TFT
- Manufacturer : ?
- Reference : ?
- Dimensions : 3.5" (8,9 cm)
- Resolution : 320×240 px
- Pixel density : 114 ppi
- Color : Yes , 16-bit;
- Other : Capacitive multi-touch layer
- Type : Rechargeable Battery
- Technology: Lithium-Ion
- Manufacturer : WiseWod Tehnology Co.
- Reference : 484461AR
- IEC 61960 Number : 1ICP6/51/63
- Dimensions : 4.8 * 43.8 * 61 mm
- Nominal voltage : 3.7 V
- Max. capacity : 1500 mAh
- Energy: 5.55 Wh
- Impedance : <= 60 mΩ
About half of the RAM is taken up by the OS, the other half is free.
Lists are array pointers. Objects work through reference counters. You can have a single object reference in many places - it could be hardcoded in the main memory, or a user object on the home screen, or a variable. All characters are UTF16. Once exported, functions act like they are built in. The advanced grapher uses interval based math, and cannot be mixed with user functions.
No native programming capabilities are offered by default.
HP Provides a free Windows software (runs correctly in Wine on other platforms) reproducing the handheld behaviour. It is not a emulator, but a simulator (the codebase has been recompiled for Windows). It's estimated to run between 5 and 10 times faster than the handheld depending on the application.
- By TI-Planet.org - French and English : PC Software review - Hands-on review - Hardware review
- By hpgraphingcalc.org - Chris Olley - English : http://www.themathszone.com/?p=480
- By "compsystems" - Spanish : http://www.adictoshp.org/topic/350-emulator-review-hp-prime-virtual-calculator-on-pc/
On the market
- 'tw_hpcalc' (Tim Wessman, HP) - Aug. 08/09, 2013 on Omnimaga's IRC chat