Recently, I have been working on an Circuit Builder and Simulator for the TI Nspire. The result is NSPICE! The name plays off of the Nspire technology and popular SPICE simulator for integrated circuits and its related programs (PSPICE, XSPICE, LTSPICE etc.)
This project is still in its alpha stages, and I plan to put a lot more into it. In the meantime however, I wanted to post and upload here to get some feedback.
Currently, it supports circuits composed of Resistors, Voltage Sources and Current sources.
Here is a video showing some of the features so far
Future features I hope to implement include:
- Save and load circuits
- Better help menu
- Dialog messages to indicate why / when a solve fails
- Warning message before clearing the circuit
- Option to always view component name / values
- Color Themes
- Export data to TI Nspire Basic variables
- Calculate current through voltage sources
- Allow resistors with 0 resistance.
- More components (Diodes, Lights, Switches, Capacitors, Inductors ..)
- Clean up source and add function docs
NSPICE uses the GUI Toolkit from FormulaPro, by Adriweb and Jim Bauwens. Much thanks to them!
I understand that the user base here is mostly French, so thank you for reading this far in English!
Let me know if you have any thoughts or suggestions. The source code is attached, and the .tns file can be found here
Update [v0.1.1] Fixed a bug that pressing the tab key would crash the program