To use your
- either to put it into exam mode if it's running OS version 2.07 or higher
- or to reset its memory
Starting from 2018 for the HAVO and then 2019 for the VWO, the exam mode and thus OS 2.07+ become mandatory.
But don't be eagle to junk your old
You may be able to update it, and this isn't going to cost you anything !
So you may keep your old one or buy a used one for cheap.
You first have to determine your calculator hardware version and thus the used CPU type : either
There are 2 very easy ways for this :
- Look at the label below the screen. It'll be showing :
- USB POWER GRAPHIC 2for anSH4calculator
- USB POWER GRAPHICfor anSH3calculator
- Check the full OS version string in the SYSTEMapplication :
MENU, then go into theSYSTEMapplication
F4to get the system versionYou should have the full version string displayed in the XX.XX.XXXX format, with a digit in place of each X character.
- Look at the last digit, thus the 8th one with this format. It will be :
- 1for anSH4calculator
- 0for anSH3calculator