If you are curious about C and want to try learning it, this update was made for you!
The toolchain has been completely revamped and now uses jacobly's fasmg-ez80 tools to perform the assembling and linking stages that were once handled by the old ZDS tools. What this means:
- You no longer need to specify shared (
L=) for libraries in the makefile, they are automatically detected and added.
- You do not need to change the debug flag in the makefile, simply use 'make debug'
- A better map file is produced, and in debug mode a debug file is produced for later source-level debugging in CEmu
- The movement away from closed-source third-party tools has begun, to be replaced by FOSS, which will also make LLVM integration even easier in the future.
- The library format is easier to use and adapt/add to.
- A few library bugs have been fixed, such as
You can also use the standard
commands for interfacing with files! This includes functions such as fopen(), fputs(), fread(), etc. This leverages the shared fileioc library to make porting applications even easier.
Download links are below, happy coding!https://github.com/CE-Programming/toolc ... ses/latesthttps://github.com/CE-Programming/libra ... ses/latest
Many thanks to jacobly who contributed a significant portion in making this possible.