π
<-
Chat plein-écran
[^]

KhiCAS, le moteur formel Giac/Xcas pour toutes TI-Nspire

:32tins: :32tinsktpb: :32tinsktpn: :32tinscas: :32tinstpkc: :32tinstpktpb: :32tinstp: :32tinscastp: :32tinscmc: :32tinscx: :32tinscxcas:

Re: KhiCAS, le moteur formel Giac/Xcas pour toutes TI-Nspire

Message non lude Vogtinator » 12 Avr 2016, 17:34

parisse a écrit:BTW, I'm reinstalling the toolchain and firebird, but I can't find any documentation on how to use firebird to debug (well there is not much documentation on firebird in general

There is some documentation on the GitHub wiki (https://github.com/nspire-emus/firebird/wiki) and scattered around on hackspire (https://hackspire.unsads.com). If you need help, just ask here.
For debugging, just start the emulation, install Ndless and connect gdb ("arm-none-eabi-gdb <file>.elf", "(gdb) target remote :3333", "(gdb ) break main", "(gdb) continue") and run the application.

BTW: If the binary (uncompressed Zehn + .bss) is bigger than 8MiB, the limit needs to be increased in Ndless to allow debugging.

, I lost a full hour before I could send a file to the emulator, and I'm not sure it's the best way to do it.

I failed as UI designer :'(
Please tell me how that can be improved! I'm planning to improve major parts of the UI (especially settings and file transfer) and I really don't want to repeat the same mistakes again.

That's unfortunate because it seems to be more powerful than the previous nspire-emu).

It's also intended to be more user-friendly than nspire_emu, which required commandline invocations to set up a single flash.
VogtinatorPremium
Niveau 9: IC (Compteur Infatigable)
Prochain niv.: 1.6%

Genre: Homme
Calculatrice(s):
MyCalcs profile

Message non lude parisse » 12 Avr 2016, 19:40

Vogtinator a écrit:There is some documentation on the GitHub wiki (https://github.com/nspire-emus/firebird/wiki) and scattered around on hackspire (https://hackspire.unsads.com). If you need help, just ask here.
For debugging, just start the emulation, install Ndless and connect gdb ("arm-none-eabi-gdb <file>.elf", "(gdb) target remote :3333", "(gdb ) break main", "(gdb) continue") and run the application.

Is it possible to debug with armgdb in a VM linux machine and Firebird running in the mac os host? I eventually could rebuild the latest toolchain in linux (it took me half a day, because it requires upgrading a lot of tools), but did not try on mac while conversely I downloaded firebird for mac and did not try to build firebird on linux because I'm certain it will require a lot of dependencies that are not up to date on my old debian.
If not, I'll try to build the toolchain on mac.
Another question: I have donwloaded the latest ndless zipfile, and installed the installer for OS 3.6 (my calc OS). Is gdb supported with OS 3.6 and the corresponding ndless installer?
And it's not completly clear where I can put breakpoints in the lua module.

BTW: If the binary (uncompressed Zehn + .bss) is bigger than 8MiB, the limit needs to be increased in Ndless to allow debugging.

Compressed file is 2.9M, how can I know the uncompressed size?

Please tell me how that can be improved!

I don't think you failed, it's just missing documentation (same as for debugging, https://github.com/nspire-emus/firebird ... g-with-GDB is not detailled enough). I was searching a menu item to download from computer to emulator.
parisseVIP++
Niveau 12: CP (Calculatrice sur Pattes)
Prochain niv.: 77.8%

Genre: Non spécifié
Calculatrice(s):
MyCalcs profile

Message non lude Vogtinator » 12 Avr 2016, 19:57

parisse a écrit:
Vogtinator a écrit:There is some documentation on the GitHub wiki (https://github.com/nspire-emus/firebird/wiki) and scattered around on hackspire (https://hackspire.unsads.com). If you need help, just ask here.

Is it possible to debug with armgdb in a VM linux machine and Firebird running in the mac os host? I eventually could rebuild the latest toolchain in linux (it took me half a day, because it requires upgrading a lot of tools), but did not try on mac while conversely I downloaded firebird for mac and did not try to build firebird on linux because I'm certain it will require a lot of dependencies that are not up to date on my old debian.

It's definitely possible, it's even possible to debug with firebird running on Android!

Another question: I have donwloaded the latest ndless zipfile, and installed the installer for OS 3.6 (my calc OS). Is gdb supported with OS 3.6 and the corresponding ndless installer?

As long as ndless_resources.tns says that it's >= r2000, it should work.

And it's not completly clear where I can put breakpoints in the lua module.

How to debug the program is entirely up to you. I'd look at the issue with the weird output first, that one may be easy to find and maybe it's the same root cause as the crashes.

Compressed file is 2.9M, how can I know the uncompressed size?

Run
Code: Tout sélectionner
genzehn --info --input <file>.tns
, it says
bytes needed to load this file

Please tell me how that can be improved!

I don't think you failed, it's just missing documentation (same as for debugging, https://github.com/nspire-emus/firebird ... g-with-GDB is not detailled enough). I was searching a menu item to download from computer to emulator.

IMO documentation should tell how to use a program the most efficiently, but it should still be usable entirely without documentation.
I'm one of those who never read manuals except if really required...

Drag+Drop works into the file explorer and the rest of the window btw, the location for the latter is configured as "Target folder".
VogtinatorPremium

Calculatrice(s):
MyCalcs profile

Message non lude parisse » 12 Avr 2016, 20:20

Vogtinator a écrit:
parisse a écrit:

It's definitely possible, it's even possible to debug with firebird running on Android!

Them I'm doing something wrong. Because when Firebird runs on the mac (with ndless installed), if I run armgdb luagiac.luax.elf then target remote :3333 I get a connexion timeout.

As long as ndless_resources.tns says that it's >= r2000, it should work.

Ok, it's r2004.

Run
genzehn --info --input <file>.tns
, it says
bytes needed to load this file

I guess it's just below the limit, I get
Zehn header starts at byte 0x3b24
46689 relocations
8 flags
8 bytes extra data
6682676 bytes needed to load this file
2967137 bytes Zehn executable file
Entry point: 0
This file is compressed (type 0)

Application: luagiac
Version: 1

IMO documentation should tell how to use a program the most efficiently, but it should still be usable entirely without documentation.

Drag+Drop works into the file explorer and the rest of the window btw, the location for the latter is configured as "Target folder".

I also read the documentation when I need it, but I probably need it much more than you because I don't find natural all these mouse drag/drop events (or touch actions on smartphones, or graphic icons that do not mean anything to me, I'm much more text oriented)
parisseVIP++

Calculatrice(s):
MyCalcs profile

Message non lude Adriweb » 12 Avr 2016, 20:25

I'm adding a "Transfer" menu into Firebird that basically will tell people to use Drag'n'Drop so that they are at least not stuck.
Maybe if there is an actual non-DnD implementation sometime, it could be triggered through that eventually.

MyCalcs: Help the community's calculator documentations by filling out your calculators info!
MyCalcs: Aidez la communauté à documenter les calculatrices en donnant des infos sur vos calculatrices !
Inspired-Lua.org: All about TI-Nspire Lua programming (tutorials, wiki/docs...)
AdriwebAdmin
Niveau 16: CC2 (Commandeur des Calculatrices)
Niveau 16: CC2 (Commandeur des Calculatrices)
Prochain niv.: 80.2%

Calculatrice(s):
MyCalcs profile
Twitter/X: adriweb
GitHub: adriweb

Message non lude Vogtinator » 12 Avr 2016, 20:28

parisse a écrit:
Vogtinator a écrit:
parisse a écrit:

Them I'm doing something wrong. Because when Firebird runs on the mac (with ndless installed), if I run armgdb luagiac.luax.elf then target remote :3333 I get a connexion timeout.

The syntax is "target remote <ip>:<port>".

I also read the documentation when I need it, but I probably need it much more than you because I don't find natural all these mouse drag/drop events (or touch actions on smartphones, or graphic icons that do not mean anything to me, I'm much more text oriented)

Some more documentation will be there soon.
VogtinatorPremium

Calculatrice(s):
MyCalcs profile

Message non lude parisse » 13 Avr 2016, 07:35

Vogtinator a écrit:
The syntax is "target remote <ip>:<port>".

I tried
target remote localhost:3333
target remote 127.0.0.1:3333
target remote 10.0.2.15:3333 (that's the ip of the ethernet link)
None are working.
parisseVIP++

Calculatrice(s):
MyCalcs profile

Message non lude parisse » 13 Avr 2016, 09:17

Now I'm trying to switch to linux, but I can't compile firebird on my linux debian, because I can't install Qt5 : the install process runs but after that I can't launch qtcreator, it says
This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "xcb"
in "".Available platform plugins are: eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, xcb.

Now I'm trying to switch to windows, but I can not run firebird "Could not load or find Qt platform or plugin windows. Available platforms are windows" Does firebird run on windows 7 pro?
Now I'm trying to switch back to mac, but I'm afraid the whole sdk will not compile because the host gcc (clang) version will not be the latest version...
This whole install/upgrade process is really a nightmare because it assumes the user has the latest OS/software installed. But if you maintain like me binary versions of Xcas installable by normal users, you must live with a little older systems/softs.
parisseVIP++

Calculatrice(s):
MyCalcs profile

Message non lude Vogtinator » 13 Avr 2016, 10:39

parisse a écrit:Now I'm trying to switch to linux, but I can't compile firebird on my linux debian, because I can't install Qt5 : the install process runs but after that I can't launch qtcreator, it says
This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "xcb"
in "".Available platform plugins are: eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, xcb.

My guess is that a library is missing here, it can't load libqxcb.so.

Now I'm trying to switch to windows, but I can not run firebird "Could not load or find Qt platform or plugin windows. Available platforms are windows" Does firebird run on windows 7 pro?

It does. It looks like someone didn't package it correctly. Could you try one of the builds on http://pimathbrainiac.me/firebird/ ?

Now I'm trying to switch back to mac, but I'm afraid the whole sdk will not compile because the host gcc (clang) version will not be the latest version...
This whole install/upgrade process is really a nightmare because it assumes the user has the latest OS/software installed. But if you maintain like me binary versions of Xcas installable by normal users, you must live with a little older systems/softs.

For debugging you just need an installation of GDB with support for ARM, which is enabled by default.
VogtinatorPremium

Calculatrice(s):
MyCalcs profile

Message non lude parisse » 13 Avr 2016, 10:47

I'm still trying to compile the toolchain under mac. After a few changes, the toolchain compiled, now I'm now stuck with
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make -C tools
make all in luna...
nspire-gcc -W -Wall -DUSE_FILE32API -Wno-unused-parameter -c -o luna.o luna.c
luna.c:1:33: erreur fatale: openssl/opensslconf.h : No such file or directory
#include <openssl/opensslconf.h>
^
I could of course just run the ARM debugger under mac, but it will be easier to build on mac, than to build on linux and debug on mac.
parisseVIP++

Calculatrice(s):
MyCalcs profile

PrécédenteSuivante

Retourner vers News TI-Nspire