π
<-
Chat plein-écran
[^]

Nspire 4.2/4.3, Ndless, TI, CEmu... (split topic)

Discussions diverses, débats, sondages, parler de tout et de rien... mais en restant plutôt sérieux.

Re: Nspire 4.2/4.3, Ndless, TI, CEmu... (split topic)

Message non lude critor » 10 Nov 2016, 12:37

MateoConLechuga a écrit:2) The fact that it seems CEmu blocks running ROMs exported from SV is not the case. It simply checks the emulation bit, because the CEmu cannot physically emulate a non hardware ROM. As stated above, a message is now given to the user, along with a comment. Wasn't aware this was such a big thing.

3) Please just ask next time so we can avoid all of this. Thanks! :D

So stop blocking them, please, for the sake of the whole TI community.
With this limitation, you're totally ruining my emulation experience with, in my opinion, the worst TI-z80 emulator in 25 years.

CEmu use has been a nightmare for me for months, with a third of my ROMs just giving me stupid black screens without any notice.
Why do you think I do barely mention that tool in any news, although I'm usually quite enthusiast with everything that is being developed/released in the TI community ?
Because I had come to the conclusion that CEmu was a very unreliable and thus very bad tool.

Because compatibility is the #1 feature for me.

Morover, some of my SV ROMs have no hardware equivalent, and cannot even be flashed correctly on the released ELG2 hardware. Why are you preventing me from studying them ?

VirtualTI, TilEm, TiEmu, WabbitEmu, WebbitEmu, TI-8XEmu, jsTIfied... I've used all of them during my 9 years in the TI community, and all of them have always tried to offer the widest compatibility as possible to the user, and because of this I could manage to run successfully development, patched or even experimental ROMs on them, ROMs they had never been designed for.
Great tools, aren't they ?

As STV stated above, emulating SV ROMs seems to work quite well - you have no valid technical reason to prevent us from running them.
I accept to believe that, according to you, they can crash in some situations - like Flash I/O for example.
But programs barely use the archive memory, and just testing usual OS features don't require it either.
So for most developers/tinkerers, it's perfectly ok. And since when are developers or tinkerers afraid of crashes?...

So because emulating SV is not 100% but 99% perfect for most users+developers, you're blocking all SV ROMs and thus making this 0% perfect ? Where does that logic come from ?

If you want, make a Yes/No warning for the user, explaining him that emulation may crash if he chooses to go on.
But stop blocking SV ROMs, please.

Thank you very much for reading, and hoping that this huge problem is going to be solved very soon.
critorAdmin
Niveau 19: CU (Créateur Universel)
Prochain niv.: 42.4%

Genre: Homme
Calculatrice(s):
MyCalcs profile
YouTube: critor3000
Twitter/X: critor2000
GitHub: critor

Message non lude MateoConLechuga » 10 Nov 2016, 16:54

Okay, I'm sorry that you feel this way. I have removed the check. Please next time though, could you ask in a more direct way than making this drawn out and somewhat hurtful? I have no interest in being a part of drama, and will gladly quit just so I don't have to be involved. Thank you.
Dernière édition par MateoConLechuga le 10 Nov 2016, 17:09, édité 1 fois.
MateoConLechugaVIP++
Niveau 8: ER (Espèce Rare: nerd)
Prochain niv.: 60.5%

Calculatrice(s):
MyCalcs profile
GitHub: mateoconlechuga

Message non lude MateoConLechuga » 10 Nov 2016, 17:15

I apologize for that. I have edited the post to reflect my thoughts. I want this to end as much as anyone else, and it isn't going to help if I don't reiterate this again: Just communicate with me in a reasonable manner. Don't say my work is very bad, the worst you have seen in 25 years. That just is a little too much to handle. Thank you for everything.
MateoConLechugaVIP++
Prochain niv.: 60.5%

Calculatrice(s):
MyCalcs profile
GitHub: mateoconlechuga

Message non lude critor » 10 Nov 2016, 17:29

Ok, thank you very much - that was fast, I didn't expect this. :)

I'm removing my last post, so there will be nothing left about the previous content of your post. :)
I'll see if I reply again or not, now that the problem has been dealt with on IRC.
critorAdmin

Calculatrice(s):
MyCalcs profile

Message non lude critor » 10 Nov 2016, 17:43

Le problème est dors et déjà corrigé pour les prochaines compilations - vous pouvez tous chaudement remercier MateoC, particulièrement les bidouilleurs et les développeurs s'estimant concernés par la compatibilité SV+DVT(ELG1). :)
The problem is already fixed for next CEmu builds.
You all can now strongly thank MateoC, especially tinkerers and developers caring about SV+DVT(ELG1) compatibility. :)

https://github.com/CE-Programming/CEmu/ ... b70f4139c8

Thank you - not just for me but for the whole TI community. I think it's for the best and that it's opening the way to new huge developments. ;)
critorAdmin

Calculatrice(s):
MyCalcs profile

Précédente

Retourner vers Autres discussions