<-
Chat plein-écran
[^]

Requesting some report

C, C++, ASM...

Requesting some report

Message non lude Eiyeron » 21 Mai 2020, 17:59

Hello there.

I uploaded a preview version of Bust-a-Move for Ti-Nspire CX and I'd like to know if it worked on all models/OS versions. I somehow made it work on my side from the first try so I highly suspect something's afoul somewhere, somehow.

That's why I'd like people to give it a try and report me if it works fine (screen not flipped, keys working, etc etc)

Here's the link to the build: https://tiplanet.org/forum/archives_voir.php?id=2621313.

Thanks in advance for your time and for testing it. I'll also inspect why the performance is way slower than on FX-CG (24 FPS on 250MHz, what went wrong...)

Have a nice day.
Dernière édition par Eiyeron le 24 Mai 2020, 20:52, édité 1 fois.
Eiyeron
Niveau 10: GR (Guide de Référence)
Prochain niv.: 17.7%

Genre: Non spécifié
Calculatrice(s):
MyCalcs profile

Re: Requesting some report

Message non lude Vogtinator » 22 Mai 2020, 16:48

Just tried on my calc and played through the first level. It works fine and the animations are really smooth. Good job!
VogtinatorPremium
Niveau 9: IC (Compteur Infatigable)
Prochain niv.: 1.6%

Genre: Homme
Calculatrice(s):
MyCalcs profile

Message non lude Eiyeron » 24 Mai 2020, 14:34

Thanks for the report.

On my side I tried with the latest build of Ndless-SDK (r2014, commit 9ad392aca8874412f69492cf67d216efc3f62415) to be sure that it'd work on more recent version of Ndless (I don't remember the version of the build I had).

I get a solid 24FPS on my side (even if I expected it to be at least twice as fast...), how about yours? (Press D to display the FPS counter).
Eiyeron

Calculatrice(s):
MyCalcs profile

Message non lude Vogtinator » 24 Mai 2020, 14:57

Eiyeron a écrit:Thanks for the report.

On my side I tried with the latest build of Ndless-SDK (r2014, commit 9ad392aca8874412f69492cf67d216efc3f62415) to be sure that it'd work on more recent version of Ndless (I don't remember the version of the build I had).

I get a solid 24FPS on my side (even if I expected it to be at least twice as fast...), how about yours? (Press D to display the FPS counter).

~84 during the splash, ~30 on the start screen and ~70 ingame. Newer revisions do not just feel faster, they really are :D
VogtinatorPremium

Calculatrice(s):
MyCalcs profile

Message non lude Eiyeron » 24 Mai 2020, 15:18

Well, color me surprised, I'd never have expected going over 60 FPS with those little machines. I guess I could use msleep but then I suppose I'll need to grab one of the newer models (with an old enough OS, right) if I want to see how it goes.

What did they change for them to be that fast? Streetwalrus and I supposed that the main culprit in our performance issues on our old models were caused by a slow memory bus. I only remember as far as the VRAM rotation that CR4 models had to deal with.
Eiyeron

Calculatrice(s):
MyCalcs profile

Message non lude Vogtinator » 24 Mai 2020, 18:57

Eiyeron a écrit:Well, color me surprised, I'd never have expected going over 60 FPS with those little machines. I guess I could use msleep but then I suppose I'll need to grab one of the newer models (with an old enough OS, right) if I want to see how it goes.

What did they change for them to be that fast? Streetwalrus and I supposed that the main culprit in our performance issues on our old models were caused by a slow memory bus. I only remember as far as the VRAM rotation that CR4 models had to deal with.

Yep, RAM is quite slow, which combined with the small caches is really not ideal. The CPU also clocks a bit higher though and it can also be overclocked further.
VogtinatorPremium

Calculatrice(s):
MyCalcs profile

Message non lude Eiyeron » 24 Mai 2020, 20:52

Vogtinator a écrit:Yep, RAM is quite slow, which combined with the small caches is really not ideal. The CPU also clocks a bit higher though and it can also be overclocked further.

So that was the CPU starving pretty much all the time, now I see. Thanks for the answer. I think the case's closed. I'll probably do some tweaks on my side and I think I'll release the v1.04 as a final version. Thanks.
Eiyeron

Calculatrice(s):
MyCalcs profile

Retourner vers Native: Ndless, Linux, ...