π
<-
Chat plein-écran
[^]

a couple of questions please?

:32tins: :32tinsktpb: :32tinsktpn: :32tinscas: :32tinstpkc: :32tinstpktpb: :32tinstp: :32tinscastp: :32tinscmc: :32tinscx: :32tinscxcas:

a couple of questions please?

Message non lude prepaid » 26 Fév 2017, 11:09

I'm new to all the apps and such for the calculator. I have a ti nspire cx, revision B. I want to put on the CAS as so many other people want. I followed this guide

viewtopic.php?t=18920&p=206415

and everything went smoothly. I didn't install Linux. I saw a video with someone having nboot and controlx as well as the cas and CX operating systems on their ti nspire but the description of the video was in French, like most of this forum. so it's hard for me to navigate and understand everything.

so my main question is what can I do with controlx, install multiple operating systems (my biggest interest)? what can I do with nboot so far? I'm not fully sure what I can do with either. but I like modding and see a little bit of its potential from what I was able to understand. it's just a little hard to get further instructions I suppose. i did install some games and npdf and khicas which are extremely helpful for what i need. if I'm missing something or if this isn't the right place let me know. thank you much
prepaid
Niveau 0: MI (Membre Inactif)
Prochain niv.: 0%

Genre: Non spécifié
Calculatrice(s):
MyCalcs profile

Re: a couple of questions please?

Message non lude critor » 26 Fév 2017, 14:51

Hi,

No TI-Nspire boot loader (whether it is ControlX, Nlaunch, Nlaunchy or NlaunchX) will let you *install* multiple operaing systems simultaneously.
What they can do is let you switch the OS more or less easily, by transparently installing the new one and keeping a copy of the old one.

Yes, it is possible with the current nBoot+ControlX releases to install and run old CAS CX operating systems (3.0-3.3), although it's difficult and not documented anywhere as far as I know.
The next release is going to make things more easy/clean.

nBoot does nothing by itself, it just runs ControlX or any other compatible image.
critorAdmin
Niveau 19: CU (Créateur Universel)
Niveau 19: CU (Créateur Universel)
Prochain niv.: 42.3%

Genre: Homme
Calculatrice(s):
MyCalcs profile
YouTube: critor3000
Twitter/X: critor2000
GitHub: critor

Re: a couple of questions please?

Message non lude prepaid » 26 Fév 2017, 17:43

thank you! I remember you saying that in one of your other posts about the next update making it easier to install the other operating systems so I'll just wait for that :) thank you for all your hard work and quick responses!
prepaid
Prochain niv.: 0%

Genre: Non spécifié
Calculatrice(s):
MyCalcs profile

Retourner vers Problèmes divers / Aide débutants