π
<-
Chat plein-écran
[^]

Screen Issues and more-linux Ti Nspire CX revision Y

:32tins: :32tinsktpb: :32tinsktpn: :32tinscas: :32tinstpkc: :32tinstpktpb: :32tinstp: :32tinscastp: :32tinscmc: :32tinscx: :32tinscxcas:

Re: Screen Issues and more-linux Ti Nspire CX revision Y

Message non lude Vogtinator » 10 Nov 2021, 19:52

I wonder, is there any way to specify an image width, height or scale in BBCode, like in Wikitext or Markdown?

SuperXX a écrit:
Did you run that in the linux console while X is active on a different VT? I recommend doing that inside the X session.

Yes, I was inside the XSession. That white screen console is inside the Xserver

Ok, probably xrandr somehow reconfigures the LCD to an incompatible mode, so it stops refreshing.
Is this issue reproducible? Unfortunately I don't have a USB keyboard here and so can't really try it myself at the moment.

On the CX II, the framebuffer console should be rotated properly though? Is this maybe with the CX DTB?

No, it is using the CXII DTB. And before using the startx command

The linux terminal before that is displayed correctly:

Strange. I would've expected that the console rotation stays while the system is up.

That error with the server only happened once and it was solved by simply resetting the calculator

Ok. It might be a transient issue of some kind, maybe some application kept /dev/fb0 busy or something with DRM...

Is there anything relevant in /var/log/Xorg.0.log?

Yes, there is content in the Xorg.0.log
Sending as an attachment

I´m also sending the .old one. I assume it is the one that happened before the last, so that´s for the successful CXII try

The modeline is slightly different, but I doubt that's the reason. It simply prints AddScreen/ScreenInit failed for driver 0 instead of initializing modesetting, without giving a more detailed reason.

SuperXX a écrit:
You could try using the fbdev X driver instead of modesetting and use its Rotate option.

Ok, I´ll try to see that tomorrow when I can play around with the CXII again

Here are the results:

Configuring fbdev to rotate the screen with the "1-fbdev.conf" (sending as an attachment for future reference) file and the line Option "Rotate" "CW" worked

Now the screen it is in the right orientation:

(It gives output to outside of the screen, but if I can get the mouse to work and I make it able to move the screen to see what I want I´m fine)

Dillo

Nice!

Now, I tried to used a mouse with the CXII to use dillo. But it refuses to boot if I do that with the same config as the CX

It detects the Mouse, but it doesn´t detect the sda1 partition. It only lists the RAM one which I don´t know why that can be. Maybe Power issues?

Definitely possible. Could also be something with USB Low Speed (which most USB HID devices use). I recommend to use a powered hub in any case.

If you boot using the initrd you can get some logs and also try out different ports or orders of plugging them in.
VogtinatorPremium
Niveau 9: IC (Compteur Infatigable)
Prochain niv.: 1.6%

Genre: Homme
Calculatrice(s):
MyCalcs profile

Message non lude SuperXX » 10 Nov 2021, 21:39

I wonder, is there any way to specify an image width, height or scale in BBCode, like in Wikitext or Markdown?

Well, I assume you are talking about the screenshots photo size. Well, I don´t see and option for that and using my HTML Knowledge by putting like [img widht="100px"] doesn´t work. It only appears as normal text. What can I do however is set a reasonable resolution and downscale it with Photoshop or some compressor that downscales it, before sending, if it makes it better.

Ok, probably xrandr somehow reconfigures the LCD to an incompatible mode, so it stops refreshing.
Is this issue reproducible? Unfortunately I don't have a USB keyboard here and so can't really try it myself at the moment.

For me, I can play around with the CXII without a USB Keyboard. For now, I´m just using the Built-In keyboard and I only used a USB Keyboard to type like ":" or " " " because it was hard to type that with the built-in keyboard. But it works for me, so I don´t think you need it (I know, it´s not qwerty, it´s a pain sometimes. I wonder why is that though, besides p*ss*ng me and my friends)

I´m also assuming that you are asking on how to reproduce this from the ground up, so here is a guide:

1.-Grab a USB Stick (I use a 4GB one) and format it as ext4. Also install these:

Code: Tout sélectionner
sudo apt-get install qemu-user-static binfmt-support debootstrap

2-Mount the stick in /mnt

sudo mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt

3.-Run the debootstrap command. I´ve used ubuntu:

sudo debootstrap --arch=armel --foreign stable /mnt

4.-Copy rootfs:

sudo cp /usr/bin/qemu-arm-static /mnt/usr/bin

5.-Copy sources.list (grab a debian one, if you are using ubuntu you must copy it from a debian installation. In my case wsl debian):

sudo cp /etc/apt/sources.list /mnt/etc/apt/sources.list
Assuming you are running on debian itself. For me the source location is the ubuntu desktop

6.-Set a root password

7.-Run apt-get update

8.-Install Xserver and everything you'll need:

apt-get install xserver-xorg xserver-xorg-video-fbdev xinit pciutils xinput xfonts-100dpi xfonts-75dpi xfonts-scalable x11-xserver-utils

9.-Use the zImage, the CXII dtb, linuxloader2 and start_usb.ll2 with the commands:

kernel linux/zImage.tns
dtb linux/nspire.dtb.tns
cmdline root=/dev/sda1 rootdelay=10 rw
boot

10.-Open start_usb.ll2

11.-Once you have logged in into debian, run startx

12.-Now it´s time. Run xrandr --output None-1 --rotate right
It display name may not be None-1, so run the xrandr command before to make sure it is the display name

Strange. I would've expected that the console rotation stays while the system is up.

Me either.

Ok. It might be a transient issue of some kind, maybe some application kept /dev/fb0 busy or something with DRM...

Which is strange, because I imminently started X server without making anything before.

The modeline is slightly different, but I doubt that's the reason. It simply prints AddScreen/ScreenInit failed for driver 0 instead of initializing modesetting, without giving a more detailed reason.

Well, this is the answer I found on Google:

"I keep getting the message: "AddScreen/ScreenInit failed for driver 0" This kind of problem typically occurs when you're using a big monitor with an old graphics card. You can solve it by deleting some of the highest resolutions of the deepest colour mode in the Screen section of your xorg."

Which may mean, from what I understand, that with the native CX screen resolution, the calculator can´t handle it because it doesn´t have the processing power to do it, but the CXII does?

But now that I´ve tested again with the 1-fbdev.conf configured. It worked, kinda. Dillo it´s upside down and flipped:

Definitely possible. Could also be something with USB Low Speed (which most USB HID devices use). I recommend to use a powered hub in any case.

Well I use a powered USB HUb. To add more detail, I use a USB Y splitter with the female end connected to the HUB and the Only Power End connected to a USB Power Adapter and the data end connected to the calculator (and yes, the calculator doesn´t charge with this). But I can garatee it´s powered, because when it was only connected to the HUB, the mouse didn´t get recognized.

If you boot using the initrd you can get some logs and also try out different ports or orders of plugging them in.

Ok. Do I get them during the boot, or I retrieve the somehow? Can I use the BusyBox initrd build from here? https://tiplanet.org/nspire-linux-builds/initrd.tns
SuperXX
Niveau 7: EP (Espèce Protégée: geek)
Prochain niv.: 43.8%

Calculatrice(s):
MyCalcs profile

Message non lude Adriweb » 11 Nov 2021, 15:40

Vogtinator a écrit:I wonder, is there any way to specify an image width, height or scale in BBCode, like in Wikitext or Markdown?

Simply [imagewidth=n] url here [/imagewidth], it's one of the many customs BBCodes, some of which aren't documented :P

MyCalcs: Help the community's calculator documentations by filling out your calculators info!
MyCalcs: Aidez la communauté à documenter les calculatrices en donnant des infos sur vos calculatrices !
Inspired-Lua.org: All about TI-Nspire Lua programming (tutorials, wiki/docs...)
AdriwebAdmin
Niveau 16: CC2 (Commandeur des Calculatrices)
Niveau 16: CC2 (Commandeur des Calculatrices)
Prochain niv.: 80.1%

Calculatrice(s):
MyCalcs profile
Twitter/X: adriweb
GitHub: adriweb

Message non lude Vogtinator » 11 Nov 2021, 20:08

SuperXX a écrit:

For me, I can play around with the CXII without a USB Keyboard. For now, I´m just using the Built-In keyboard and I only used a USB Keyboard to type like ":" or " " " because it was hard to type that with the built-in keyboard. But it works for me, so I don´t think you need it

For some reason, nspire-keypad does not work in the xconfig image's X environment, so without USB keyboard or SSH I can't do anything while X is running.

(I know, it´s not qwerty, it´s a pain sometimes. I wonder why is that though, besides p*ss*ng me and my friends)

From what I've heard, it's about regulations. With a different layout it might not be allowed in some exams...

Well, this is the answer I found on Google:

"I keep getting the message: "AddScreen/ScreenInit failed for driver 0" This kind of problem typically occurs when you're using a big monitor with an old graphics card. You can solve it by deleting some of the highest resolutions of the deepest colour mode in the Screen section of your xorg."

Which may mean, from what I understand, that with the native CX screen resolution, the calculator can´t handle it because it doesn´t have the processing power to do it, but the CXII does?

The error message is simply too generic, it can mean anything. The explanation you found there was just for one (unrelated) case.

But now that I´ve tested again with the 1-fbdev.conf configured. It worked, kinda. Dillo it´s upside down and flipped:

Ok. Do I get them during the boot, or I retrieve the somehow? Can I use the BusyBox initrd build from here? https://tiplanet.org/nspire-linux-builds/initrd.tns

Yep. Once it's booted you can try out various things and at the end plug in the USB drive and mount it to save the logs. dmesg should be enough for now.

Adriweb a écrit:
Vogtinator a écrit:I wonder, is there any way to specify an image width, height or scale in BBCode, like in Wikitext or Markdown?

Simply [imagewidth=n] url here [/imagewidth], it's one of the many customs BBCodes, some of which aren't documented :P

Works (as you can see above)! [imagewidth] isn't documented anywere I could find.
VogtinatorPremium

Calculatrice(s):
MyCalcs profile

Message non lude SuperXX » 11 Nov 2021, 21:36

For some reason, nspire-keypad does not work in the xconfig image's X environment, so without USB keyboard or SSH I can't do anything while X is running.

Uhm, ok.

From what I've heard, it's about regulations. With a different layout it might not be allowed in some exams...

But, why though? It´s not like you can cheat with a different keyboard layout. I guess we will never have the answer.

The error message is simply too generic, it can mean anything. The explanation you found there was just for one (unrelated) case.

Makes sense. But I still like to theorize.

Yep. Once it's booted you can try out various things and at the end plug in the USB drive and mount it to save the logs. dmesg should be enough for now.

Ok, tomorrow I´ll see that.

Adriweb a écrit:

:ok: Thanks for the tip!
SuperXX

Calculatrice(s):
MyCalcs profile

Message non lude SuperXX » 13 Nov 2021, 11:23

Sorry for the delay, but here it is.

Sending as video in attachment because the output is long and fast. I´ve decreased the speed of the video to only 10% of the original so it can be read more easily. But it´s really fast and not that easy to read sometimes.
Fichiers joints

CXIIBusyBoxdmesgout_original.mp4 [ 5.95 Mio | Vu 4155 fois ]

CXIIBusyBoxdmesgout_10%speed.mp4 [ 37.6 Mio | Vu 4157 fois ]

SuperXX

Calculatrice(s):
MyCalcs profile

Message non lude Vogtinator » 13 Nov 2021, 15:50

SuperXX a écrit:

Sorry for the delay, but here it is.

Sending as video in attachment because the output is long and fast. I´ve decreased the speed of the video to only 10% of the original so it can be read more easily. But it´s really fast and not that easy to read sometimes.

I just step through the video frame by frame in such cases, but in this case the bad CX II LCD makes even that quite hard.

The main message is port 1 reset error -110 which is a timeout. It seems like it was already in a broken configuration at the start of the boot, but it would be more helpful to see what exactly breaks it.

Please try with just the USB drive plugged in (which works) and only after it booted successfully plug in the mouse in as well. I expect the same timeout error though. Does the drive work again after unplugging the mouse?
VogtinatorPremium

Calculatrice(s):
MyCalcs profile

Message non lude SuperXX » 16 Nov 2021, 21:49

Please try with just the USB drive plugged in (which works) and only after it booted successfully plug in the mouse in as well. I expect the same timeout error though. Does the drive work again after unplugging the mouse?

Here are the videos. In the first 2 I just waited for the initrd to boot only with the USB plugged, then I plugged the mouse and ran dmesg for the first time. The second time is without the mouse, which I unplugged without resseting the calculator.

The third video is another try but without anything connected to the USB, which went strange because it still gave an output that was listing the linux filesystem on the USB Drive.
Fichiers joints

CXIIBusyBoxdmesgout2_noUSB.mp4 [ 4.13 Mio | Vu 4096 fois ]

CXIIBusyBoxdmesgout2_edited.mp4 [ 49.91 Mio | Vu 4096 fois ]

CXIIBusyBoxdmesgout2_original.mp4 [ 76.59 Mio | Vu 4096 fois ]

SuperXX

Calculatrice(s):
MyCalcs profile

Message non lude Vogtinator » 22 Nov 2021, 19:22

Hm, none of those show any error messages, but also no success messages, like USB device announcements. So I assume that neither mouse nor USB drive were detected at all?

The best way to view dmesg without a serial console or file transfer is to run dmesg | less and taking pictures of each page. IIRC the pipe is :nssh: + :nspp: .
VogtinatorPremium

Calculatrice(s):
MyCalcs profile

Message non lude SuperXX » 26 Nov 2021, 19:06

[Quick Update]
Just here to say that I had a rough week with lots of work, but I really couldn´t do it sooner. I was hoping to do this now, but unfortunetly I forgot to bring my wireless keyboard so I could type "|" in the command. Just wrote this to make a quick update.

I´ll try to do it on Monday
SuperXX

Calculatrice(s):
MyCalcs profile

PrécédenteSuivante

Retourner vers Problèmes divers / Aide débutants