___________________________________________________________ IconDraw v2.0 By Joe Alloway ___________________________________________________________ _INTRODUCTION______________________________________________ This new version of IconDraw features the loading of images, custom grid sizes, improved speed and more! This document will help you become well aware of all the features of IconDraw and how you can use them to make outstanding images for use in games, menus, or operating systems that use icons. Like always, if you have any questions or comments about this software, please contact me at my Email address given below. _HELP______________________________________________________ INSTALLATION: First you need to install IconDraw on your calculator by uploading it using TI-GraphLink or a similar de- vice. Once you have uploaded the program file you can run it by typing DRAW() at the command prompt. Version 2.0 is in one compact file. OPERATION: When you run the program you will see a grid and a menu to the right of the screen. This menu shows you which keys do what and shows you a preview of your image. Use the arrow keys to move the cursor around the grid, and press enter to toggle on or off a pixel at that location. SPECIFICS: This section will tell you what each function does that is listed in the menu. F1: Help This will show you the program name, version number, and some simple help on using the program. F2: Preferences This will let you set up certain aspects of the pro- gram. Version 2.0 only has one setup feature which is grid setup. Choose on or off depending on if you want the grid to be displayed or not. F3: New Image This will present you with a dialog box that lets you start a new image. The fields of Width and Height let you specify how large you want your image to be. These values are in pixels. The maximum image size is 27 by 19 pixels because of the limited size of the screen. If there is any interest I will make a version for the TI-92 which has a much larger screen size. The Back- ground function lets you change the background from black or white. F4: Save Image This will allow you to save the image to a file on your calculator. Enter the file name in the box and press enter to save the file. F5: Load Image This will load an image from a file and place it in the current grid. If the image size is larger than the grid size, only the upper left portion of the image will be loaded into the grid. Enter the file name in the box and choose the rendering method below that. There are four rendering methods: Normal, Or, And, and Xor. Normal mode will erase the current image and put the loaded image in it's place. The other modes will use that particular logic to place the image on the current image. You can create some very interesting effects just by changing rendering modes. That is all for the specifics on IconDraw v2.0 _CONTACT___________________________________________________ Joe Alloway ICQ: 16218543 EMail: alloway@in.freei.net Contact me if you have a bug report, or if you have comments or suggestions on this program. _COPYRIGHT_________________________________________________ IconDraw v2.0 is freeware. If you redistribute it you must include all files and keep the header file in the program intact. The header includes the program name, my name and E-Mail address. - Joe Alloway 2000