+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | -- TI-84+CSE/CE-------------- Spaze Invaders ------------- TI-84+CSE/CE -- | +----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ +--------------+ | Info | +--------------+ Name: Spaze Invaders Authors: Hannes Edfeldt (original TI-83 version) James Vernon (TI-84+CSE & TI-84+CE ports) Version: 1.0.2 Released: March 2016 Calculators: TI-84+CSE / TI-84+CE Shell: DoorsCSE v8.0 / None Players: 1 only +--------------------+ | What is it | +--------------------+ A TI-84+CSE / TI-84+CE version of the old Space Invaders game made in assembly. +------------------+ | Features | +------------------+ Direct input, full screen colour graphics, animation, 3 degrees of difficulty and 9 levels. +------------------------+ | How to install | +------------------------+ Send the file spaze.8xp to your calculator. On the TI-84+CSE, run the DoorsCSE shell and select "SPAZE". On the TI-84+CE, press [2nd], [0], select "Asm(", press [prgm] and select "SPAZE". +---------------+ | Story | +---------------+ Evil aliens have come to earth because they're out of hamsters on their planet and therefore plan to kidnap every single little hamster on earth. You're Harry Hamster and your mission is to save your friends from the malevolent aliens. You can't nuke your foe this time, use your laser instead. The aliens also plan to kidnap the scriptwriters and the director of X-Files, but don't bother about that. +---------------------+ | How to play | +---------------------+ At the title screen, select degree of difficulty with up and down and then press 2nd to start. Press left or right to move your ship, 2nd to fire lasers. Press MODE to pause the game and show your score. Press MATH to hide the game from your mathsteacher. Press CLEAR to quit. +---------------+ | Notes | +---------------+ Please, send bugreports and comments to: jamesv82@live.com.au +----------------------+ | Porters Note | +----------------------+ Hannes Edfeldt's TI-83 version of Spaze Invaders was the first assembly game I ever played, and it inspired me to learn assembly, which in turn taught me a lot of programming principles and I've applied across various languages over the years, so it seemed fitting that porting his game to the TI-84+CSE should be my first full TI-84+CSE release. Then with the release of the TI-84+CE, I felt obliged to port it over again. Thank you Hannes! +-------------------+ | Licensing | +-------------------+ This program is of course freeware and you may freely distribute it as long as all of the files (spaze.8xp and readme.txt) are included and not modified in any way. +--------------------+ | Disclaimer | +--------------------+ This program does some pretty lowlevel stuff and could therefore lock or reset your calculator (it shouldn't though). Make sure you don't have any important data on your calculator that isn't backed up before you run this program. I take no responsibility for whatever the use of this program may cause to your calculator. +--------------------------+ | Revision history | +--------------------------+ TI-83 version (by Hannes Edfeldt) Version 1.0 970601 Initial release Version 1.1 970604 Fixed the "Bill Nagel" bug TI-84+CSE version (by James Vernon) Version 1.0.0 March 2014 Initial release TI-84+CSE / TI-84+CE versions (by James Vernon) Version 1.0.1 February 2016 Ported to TI-84+CE Small optimisations Version 1.0.2 March 2016 Fixed a bug on the TI-84+CE version with program writeback if prgmSPAZE is hidden in Cesium +--------------------+ | The Coders | +--------------------+ TI-83 version Name: Hannes Edfeldt Ticalc.org: www.ticalc.org/archives/files/authors/4/466.html TI Story: tistory.wikidot.com/hannes-edfeldt TI-84+CSE / TI-84+CE versions Name: James Vernon Email: jamesv82@live.com.au Web: www.jvti.org +----------------+ | Credit | +----------------+ - WikiTI for the TI-84+CSE LCD driver information & TI-84+CE information. - Hannes Edfeldt for the TI-83 version of Spaze Invaders - Patrick Davidson for Calcuzap and optimisation ideas taken from its sprite routine - Christopher "Kerm Martian" Mitchell for DoorsCSE v8.0 - The Cemetech & Omnimaga commmunities for their support & encouragement - Buckeyedude for Wabbitemu - MateoConLechuga for CEmu +----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | -- TI-84+CSE/CE-------------- Spaze Invaders ------------- TI-84+CSE/CE -- | +----------------------------------------------------------------------------+