Midnight Release 1.00 By: Zachary Tuller (ztrumpet) Language: TI 83+/84+(SE) Basic Size: 20457 bytes RAM Usage: About 14000 bytes, so make sure you have at least this much RAM free before running this program (Which is about 17000 bytes or so if ran from Archive). -------------------------------------------------------- Midnight is a RPG/platformer with tons of replay value and is one of the most advanced games ever coded in the TI Basic language. Featuring a dramatic storyline with numerous cutscenes, Midnight is unlike most other calculator games. There are bosses to overcome, numerous rooms to explore, and several powerups available as you progress through the game. I hope you have a wonderful time playing Midnight! -------------------------------------------------------- Installation: Send the prgmMIDNIGHT and prgmXCOPY to RAM. Send the prgmMIDSUB1 and prgmMIDSUB2 to the Archive. Run prgmMIDNIGHT to play. Make sure that prgmXCOPY is in RAM and both prgmMIDSUB1 and prgmMIDSUB2 are in the Archive, as specified above. -------------------------------------------------------- Controls: Main Menu: Up/Down Select Options Clear Exit In Game Controls: Left Move Left Right Move Right Up Jump Alpha Interact Mode Turn Around Clear Go back to the Main Menu (Will not automatically save the game) 2nd Shoot (Not available at the start of the game) Numbers Use the grappling cannon (Not available at the start of the game) Down Do a ground pound (Not available at the start of the game) During dialogue: 2nd/Enter Advance wall of text -------------------------------------------------------- Your goal is to escape from the ship you are on. In order to do so, you have to defeat bosses and collect power ups while advancing the storyline. If you're up to the challenge, try collecting all 20 of the cargo capsules sprinkled throughout the game. There is one in each room. It'll get you a different ending... -------------------------------------------------------- Variable and Memory Usage: I had to use a ton of variables for Midnight. In addition to most of the one-number-variables stored internally in the calc (like the Finance and Zoom vars) and all the real variables, I also had to use these variables: L1 - L6 Custom lists A, B, and MDNGT Pic1 and Pic2 Str1 - Str6 Sequential Variables u and v GraphDatabase1 I also ended up having to use a lot of RAM for this to all fit. When the program is run it will do a RAM Check, and if there is not enough memory it will error. Free up some more RAM by archiving or deleting variables/programs if this occurs. -------------------------------------------------------- Thank you for downloading, and good luck playing! -------------------------------------------------------- Thanks: My thanks go out to the following people and organizations... zContest ( http://tiforge.info/zcontest3/? ) - This was completed for their contest in 2011. If it weren't for this motivation, who knows when I would have finished this. contra-sh - For organizing zContest and doing a lot of the work associated with it. HarrierFalcon - For creating Metroid Pi, the largest inspiration for this game, by far. If you enjoy Midnight, I highly suggest checking this game out. Builderboy - For being a Basic coder to look up to. Back when I was just starting out your games shone brightest in my eyes, and they helped inspire me to create such games myself. Also, thank you for Serenity, which I really hope gets completed someday. It is another huge inspiration for Midnight. Raylin - For creating "Cage Matches" on Omnimaga. I originally started this project for one of those competitions. Runer112 - For helping me with binary compression in TI Basic. Iambian - The writer of XCopy, the program I use to use archived programs in Basic. Iambian, if you're reading this, give yourself a cherry. ^_^ Omnimaga ( http://www.omnimaga.org ) - For being one of the best calc forums out there. Thank you to everyone on there who has watched this project grow over the past 8 months. Cemetech ( http://www.cemetech.net/ ) - Cemetech is another forum in which I posted updates on. Thanks to everyone there as well. You - For downloading and playing this game. I really hope you enjoy it! -------------------------------------------------------- Contact: Please report any bugs you find to me (if there are any). You will have the best luck contacting me if you register an account on Omnimaga ( http://www.omnimaga.org ) and send me a private message or create a topic there. Again, thanks for playing this game!