Name: Slopes 2 with Level Editor Author: Ian Graf (ian_graf@geocities.com) Version: 2.0 Platform: ION 83/83+ Language: TI-83 Assembly Memory: 7723 bytes (TI-83) / 7733 bytes (TI-83 Plus) Release Date: 11/3/99 I. DESCRIPTION: You are a hardcore skier who loves a challenge, but be careful, this is a dangerous mountain. One wrong move and you are a goner! As you ski watch out for grass, trees, rocks, and gates. If you run out of time or life it's game over, so try to grab as many clocks and hearts as possible! II. INCLUDED FILES: slopes.83g TI-83 version slopes.8xg TI-83 Plus version - SLOPES Slopes - SLOPESED Level Editor - ZSLSTD1 Level 1 - ZSLSTD2 Level 2 - ZSLSTD3 Level 3 slopes.txt This file slopes.z80 Source Files slopesed.z80 slopes.inc slopes.grx III. INSTALLATION: 1) Send slopes.83g to your TI-83 or Send slopes.8xg to your TI-83 Plus 2) Run ION IV. SLOPES: Title Screen - [2nd] play level - [(up)] / [(down)] change level - [CLEAR] quit Game Play - [(right)] / [(left)] move skier - [MODE] pause - [CLEAR] return to title screen Damage Grass Life - 5 Tree Life - 50 S. Rock Life - 20 L. Rock Life - 40 Gate Life - 5 Heart Life + 10 * Clock Reset Time * * These items are good. Try to get them! Score There are two scales on the bottom of the screen, time and life. The time rapidly drops. Time does not count against your score, but if it runs out you die. The life scale adds between 0 and 95 points to your score. You receive 2 points for each row you move down in the level. If you complete the level you recieve a 5 point bonus. 600 points is a perfect score. Score and High Score Screen - [2nd] continue V. LEVEL EDITOR: Title Screen - [2nd] execute option - [(up)] / [(down)] change option - [CLEAR] quit New Level - [2nd] store character - [(up)] / [(down)] change character - [(right)] insert space - [ENTER] finish input When you create a new level you will be prompted for the program name and the level name. The program name can be up to 5 characters long, and cannot contain spaces. The program name will be used to create the external level. The level name can be up to 23 characters long, and can contain spaces. The level name is displayed in level selection menus. When you finish entering the level name you will jump to editing the level (see "Edit Level" for more information). Edit Level - [2nd] store item - [ALPHA] change item - [(up)] / [(down)] / [(left)] / [(right)] move item - [CLEAR] return to title screen To edit a level, select it from the menu. When you edit a level the high score is reset so the editor cannot be used to cheat. There are 9 items in slopes: grass, trees, small rocks, large rocks, gates, hearts, clocks, and blank spaces. Make sure you use enough clocks in the level, otherwise it will be impossible to beat! VI. SPECIAL THANKS TO: My friend Charles for giving me the game idea, The ticalc.org 83-asm mailing list which I read daily, Movax for the sprite routine, And all the people I borrowed code from! VII. CONTACT: E-Mail: ian_graf@geocities.com Site: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/7196/ Slopes and Slopes Level Editor Copyright (C) 1998 Ian Graf