Noshell v1.2 06/21/07 Brandon Wilson >What is it? Noshell (pronounced nosh-ell) is a TI-83/84 Plus Flash application which installs a parser hook that allows you to execute any program (BASIC, assembly, Ion, MirageOS), whether in RAM or archived, from the PRGM menu just as you would any other BASIC program. >How do I use it? Send noshell.8xk to your calculator and then select "Noshell" from the APPS menu. Select 1 to install the parser hook. If a parser hook already exists, it will warn you and ask if you want to overwrite it or chain it together with Noshell (so that they both work at the same time). You'd want to overwrite rather than chain if you're having problems with chaining. Press [ENTER] to overwrite or [+] to chain. You can select 3 to configure how Noshell works. When at the configuration screen, press [ENTER] to toggle program writeback on and off. If you allow it, archived programs are unarchived, executed, and then re-archived (which could cause garbage collection messages and/or potentially abuse the Flash). If you don't allow it (which is the default), programs are only copied to RAM, executed, and then the copy is deleted afterward (which means you lose high scores and other things stored within the program). >Can I nest programs, like have an archived BASIC program run an assembly program without Asm(? Yes. However, you cannot run archived programs from within BASIC programs. For example, if you have an archived program A which contains "prgmB", program B cannot be archived. This is due to the way the parser hook works and cannot be changed. All programs, however, can be run from the homescreen. >Can I still use Asm(, MirageOS, Ion, and the other methods? Yes. >Do I need to have MirageOS on the calculator to run MirageOS programs? No, nothing else is required. >What's the deal with all the weird text in the menus? Those are grayed-out items which I was too lazy to implement, like a customizable shell. >I hate you and/or I have a question and/or comment. How can I reach you? Send your query to brandonlw@gmail.com or go to brandonw.net.