Chessmaster 83------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------Thomas Williamson, Biobytes Soft. Many people requested a port of Chessmaster 86 to the TI83+ and TI83... here it is. Enjoy! \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ FEATURES \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ * next to options NOT in TI-chess for the 89 - * 3 different chess sets to choose from, your preference. - Better than beginner AI. Not the best AI in the world, but it gives me a whack or two before I beat it. Besides, the ENTIRE engine is * 842 bytes!!!! If you are a super master at chess, and don't find playing my AI fun, see the next feature.... - ALL illegal moves detected except En Passant! That includes jumping over pieces and putting your king in check, as well a castling! - Partial pawn promotion. You always get a queen, but %99.9 of the time that's what you need anyway! - Check, Checkmate, and Stalemate detection! - Ported in just 2 days! - 3 player modes. 1 player, 2 player, or * watch the AI play itself (which could be rather entertaining.. ;) <--DON'T SELECT THIS OPTION! - * AI tweaking. Make it play more defensive, offensive, or nuetral. - Change AI sides. It can be black or white. - * Show AI thinking. Just a fun option to see. - Great title picture ripped from Chessmaster 5500. - Autosave feature. Leave a game at any time and pick it right back up agian! (as long as you don't enter any other program...) - * All in UNDER 7k!!! (TI-CHESS is more than 58k, but it is written in C for a much more memory consuming processor....) You could, however, look at my puzzles (1970 bytes) and then his (like 10k) and get an idea. And my 7k thing INCLUDES the puzzles! \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ INSTALLATION \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ In order to play the game, you must send 'Cmaster.8xp' (or .83p) to your calc. \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ HOW TO PLAY /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ The game is laid out very basically. You start it, gaze at the title screen, then set your options and play. When you press [CLEAR], Chessmaster 83 will autosave your game, and you can start up agian by going to 'Let's Play' instead of 'New Game' in the options. If you want to change options in mid game, just press [CLEAR] and restart the program, and change the options to how you would like, and go to 'Let's Play.' Keep in mind that the program will always go to the previously played game when you select that. Now, if you make a mistake, and want to go back to when you last exited and autosaved it, just press [ALPHA] to exit without saving, and go to 'Let's Play' to return to the game when you last saved it. This is useful when trying to solve puzzles. In the game, playing is very simple. Press 2nd to pick up a piece, and then 2nd agian to put it down. To cancel picking a piece up, just place it to where it would be an illegal move, or reselect the tile where the piece is standing. To castle, make sure your king and castle are in the right position. Then just simply select your king, and then 'place' it on the castle you want it to castle with. The game checks for MOST illegal castling positions. \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ OPTIONS /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ Difficulty How hard the AI is. Beginner 1 move total depth, 3 move max depth Amatuer 2 move total depth, 4 move max depth Players Setup of who plays 1 pl. One player agianst the AI 2 pl. Two players playing head on! 2 CPU Watch the AI play a stupid game CPU Color Which side the AI plays from Black The darker color on the top side of the board White The lighter color on the bottom side CPU Priority Tweaking how the AI plays Neutral Default mode Offensive Plays more offensively minded Defensive yada yada yada.... Chess Set Which chess piece gfx you use in the game Staunton The classic pieces, just nice to play with, because they're what you're used to Figurine Futuristic pieces and board.. oooh.. Alphabet For the geezers who need their pieces indicated by letters Show Thinking On This is easy enough to figure out.... Off Let's Play Play from previously autosaved game New Game Set up board for a new game! \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ THE SIDE BAR/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ If you STILL can't see the pieces even with alphabet on, you'll notice that on the side bar, the piece's name that your selector is over is displayed to the right of the current color in play. Directly underneath the current color in play is the space where check, checkmate, and stalemate are announces. Goodbye! I hope you LOVE this game! SPECIAL THANKS Thomas Nussbaumer for 'lending' his puzzles and supplying the puzzle data in one file I could easily rip from in QBasic! Me for designing an engine from scratch! That's right. I had no help! But....if you want give me some of your remarks on the engine and how I could make it better, I'd be glad to hear from you! Questions? Comments?? EMAIL me at jedivsith@yahoo.com!