Axe Tunnel Version 1.2.0 2010, by Kévin Ouellet (DJ Omnimaga) Website: http://codewalr.us ============ INTRODUCTION ============ This is a simple tunnel clone for the TI-83+/84+ calculators programmed using Axe Parser language by Kevin Horowitz (Quigibo). This is also my first ever Axe game to be finished. The concept is very similar to other calculator 2D tunnel-based racing games, except that instead of scrolling vertically, you scroll horizontally, and there are five speed settings, for each of which a different highscore can be stored. The goal is to go as far as possible in the tunnel with your ship without touching the borders. It runs extremely fast, 2x faster on a Silver Edition or a TI-84 Plus (except the title screen), so good luck! It can be ran either from home screen using the Asm( command, or with Ion, MirageOs or Door CS. ============== INCLUDED FILES ============== -DJTUNNEL.8xp: The game. Use Asm(prgmDJTUNNEL on the home screen to run it. -DJTUNION.8xp: Same thing, but require Ion shell. -DJTUNMOS.8xp: MirageOs version -DJTUNDCS.8xp: DoorCS version. -Source/LINE.8xp: Game source code, written in Axe language. Use the on-calc TI-BASIC editor, SourceCoder or TI-Graph Link to open it. The current version of the game was compiled using Axe Parser 0.3.0. -ignore_me.txt: I have no clue what is that file. ========== INSTALLING ========== -Send the game copy for your favorite shell (or the no-stub one) to your TI-83+, 83+SE, 84+ or 84+SE calculator. It's around 2 KB large. -Run your game using Ion, MirageOS, DoorCS or using the Asm( command, depending of which version you installed. Depending of which version you use, you may be able to keep it archived. Note: the game was setup to run about twice faster on 15 MHz calculator models. The regular TI-83 Plus is the 6 MHz one. =========== HOW TO PLAY =========== -First of all, send djtunnel.8xp to your TI-83 Plus/84/Silver Edition calculator. You need around 2 KB of RAM. -Launch the game by using Asm(prgmDJTUNNEL on the home screen. Asm( can be easily access from 2ND+CATALOG. -On title screen, simply choose the speed using LEFT and RIGHT arrows then press 2ND. In game, use UP and DOWN arrows to move around. To quit the game, press CLEAR. -When you die, the highscore list is brought up. The highscore for each speed is stored on the calc. To reset all highscores, go in the MEM menu and delete the APPVAR DJTUNNHS. That's it, I hope you enjoy! ============== SPECIAL THANKS ============== -Quigibo for making the Axe programming language. It has the speed of ASM (or very close) but can be programmed almost as easily as TI-BASIC. More info on the language can be found at http://axe.omnimaga.org. -Everyone at Omnimaga for giving me support and helping me (including Quigibo himself of course). =========== DISCLAIMERS =========== -If you decide to upload this game to your website download section by yourself or use the source code, you must give credits to me. -I will not be held responsible for any data loss, damage or problems caused to your calculator resulting from the use of this software. Use it at your own risk! -Contrary to popular belief, no lobster were harmed during the making of this game. No other animals were, either.